Friday, December 10, 2010

Nancy unplugged

I guess I shouldn't just disappear like that. Sorry for worrying anyone. I've simply just unplugged from a few things.

Internet - blogging, email, facebook, surfing
Cell Phone - 98% of texting, 75% of phone calls. I'm not ignoring calls, but I've stopped carrying my cell phone with me most of the time. If I'm out, I have it on me, but if I'm at home or with the family, I just don't have it with me. And I've always been horrible about returning phone calls, so not carrying my phone with me has just made it 1,000 times worse.

It'll just be for awhile longer, probably until after Christmas, so I ~will~ be back. All is well with me, I just needed to get back to my roots with my husband and children.

Nothing is really going on with me for the most part. Let me see ...
~ I went and visited my best friend in Phoenix last month. It was great.
~ I'm really starting to focus on my job search. I must have a job by January end.
~ Ella is amazing me with her reading and writing skills. She learned how to do both in Kindergarten, but she can read almost anything now and her handwriting is unbelievable.
~ Allison is following in her sister's footsteps in learning things at school. The one thing she doesn't have from her sister is her behavior in school. Allison stays on green light every day, in fact, she has only gone to yellow light one time this year, which was just the other day. I got her yellow card write up and it said "Kissed a boy". Ha. I hope that's not starting this early, but we got a good laugh out of it now!
~ Karl has finally started talking! He only said a few words up until a month or so ago, but recently, it has exploded. He can say dozens and dozens of words now and he'll repeat any word you ask him to say. It's so awesome. His pediatrician had said he will need to start speech therapy if he wasn't talking by age two, so he started it up two months before he turns two. Whew! Had me worried there for a moment.
~ I'm done with my weight loss kick. I was doing really well and actually, I accidentally lost too much weight. I got down to 118, which is just too skinny, so I gained 7 lbs back. I'm now sitting at 125 which is where I want to stay. I can fit into my size 4s now, (size 2 in gap! But I know how the gap and old navy sizes their clothes too big. A size 2 at those stores really mean size 4. But there is something about seeing that number which makes me smile!) I hope I'm able to maintain my current weight. Losing it isn't hard, it's the maintaining that is the real battle!
~ Due to my unplugging, I have lost some contact with some of my friends, which really bums me out. But I'm going to try my hardest to rekindle what relationships I may have missed out on. Besides family, friends are what is really most important, and I certainly don't want to lose that. I hope they will be able to find it in their hearts to forgive my distance.

That's about it! Thanks for all the emails, texts and phone messages many of you have left for me. I've tried to return many of them, but I'm sure there are some I missed.

If I'm not back yet, I hope everyone has a great holiday season!

17 comments:

Robin said...

Phew! Thanks for posting. I was starting to get a little worried. I'm glad you are okay and hope you have a great holiday!

jenn said...

I'm also just glad everything is going well. I definitely understand a break- focusing on marriage and family is a wonderful and necessary thing. It is too easy to get so plugged in that your life in front of you suffers.
Thank you for the update! I've actually seen it a lot that boys take longer to start talking than girls, but when they do they are like a rocket with how quick they catch up!
Take care & have a wonderful holiday!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I was getting worried also, I thought maybe those evil pop tarts struck again!

Shannon said...

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Thank you for updating. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!

Carrie Ann said...

Glad to see you back! I was missing your posts and was beginning to worry about you!

Lisa said...

Happy holidays to you too! Glad to hear all is well and that the disconnect was for very positive reasons.

Take care!

Tigger said...

*WHEW* I'm glad to see an update from you, and that everything is going well.

Have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy your time getting back to family!

Elana Kahn said...

It's nice to have you back!!

Ella said...

Glad you're doing okay! A break is always nice. Looking forward to your return after the holidays!

The Captain's Wife said...

thanks for the update. I left you a comment about a week ago when I hadn't seen/heard anything from you in over 5 weeks.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. And wishing you a very Merry Christmas~

Sarah said...

I'm glad everything is okay! I was really worried about you but was hoping you were just focusing on your family.

Damn, I was wondering why freaking Old Navy jeans were falling off me! I never thought to buy a smaller size and now I'm stuck with all these baggy jeans (I lost 10 more lbs. after I thought I was done losing baby weight, putting me at 10 lbs. below my "normal" weight so hopefully when I'm done breastfeeding, I can wear them again).

Suzy said...

sometime unplugging is just what you need to do. I unplugged in a sense recently too. Definitely necessary.

Hollie said...

I'm glad to hear all is well!

Searching said...

Glad to know all is well. Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your family!

Searching said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are enjoying your family time!

Qwickset said...

Enjoyed the update! Brought a smile to my face. Make it a great January!

Qwickset said...

Great update -- it brought a smile to my face. Make it a great 2011!