Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My blog to-do list today ...

I had a list of things to talk about today which are all simply random. And a question for you at the very end ...

~ Christmas cards. I've sent them out every year since I lived on my own, which was 17. So yeah, I've sent out cards for 19 years! This year is being skipped in lieu of our birth announcements. So everyone who has sent cards, thank you! You are definitely on my xmas card list now, but this year is just one of those weird years which you won't be immediately reciprocated. Just wanted to tell you that so I didn't seem like a bad friend.

~ Someone asked me for my address and I totally forget who it was. Can you leave me a comment if it was you?

~ Where art thou Mareike?

~ I watch movies backwards. Always have, always will. I rarely go to the movies, so most movies are on one of the bajillion movie channels I have. And I hate when a movie sucks. So, what I usually do is catch the end of a movie (last 10/15 minutes) and if it seems like a good ending, I'll either watch it from the beginning ~or~ the last 30 minutes, then last 45 minutes, until I get to the beginning.

This works for me. And sometimes it works really well. I don't want to watch such a shit ending. So therefore, I didn't. For instance, a few months ago, I watched the end of The Departed. I still wanted to watch it because I liked the characters and storyline, but in knowing the ending, I knew who I shouldn't get attached to, instead of looking for ways the ending was validated in the characters. Had I watched it from the beginning, I'd of rooted for certain people and then I'd of been really seriously pissed off. Instead, I watched it knowing the ending and it was a freaking FABULOUS movie.

Last night I saw the end of a horrible movie on IFC which everyone just horribly died at the end. Fuck that. It was too depressing to even want to watch more of it. It was called "Its All About Love" with Claire Danes, Joaquin Phoenix and Sean Penn. Lame. Lame. Lame.

~ I got an award from Elana and Lilith. First of all, thank you girls! You make me all warm and fuzzy inside!



The rules for this one is to admit my 5 addictions. Lilith mentioned she really wanted to know my addictions, so I'll answer.

1. Food - sunflower seeds. Seriously, I cannot live without them.
2. Spice - Salt. Makes sense out of #1.
3. Drink - Irish Car Bombs. When I go out drinking, I can't ~not~ have one or two or three of these.
4. Drug - I'm a heroin addict. I've been clean from it for 12 years, but once an addict, always an addict. So I guess it still counts.
5. Miscellaneous - Hollywood gossip magazines. I don't know where this comes from, but I can tell you way too much about all the stars these days. WAY too much. It's quite embarrassing.

~ And today, I leave you with a task. I feel like answering questions today. So, could each of you leave a question (or two or three, etc) for me to answer? NOTHING is off limits and I promise to answer each one completely truthfully. There is only one question I can think of that is off limits, so if you don't touch upon that, you've got an honest view in to my brain. (I will start new post to answer questions as soon as I get 10. Well, ~if~ I get 10. Maybe I won't get that many - how embarrassing to say that then, eh?)

10 comments:

Jenera said...

I asked for your address so I think you may be thinking of me :o)

Sara said...

First off, I can't believe you watch movies like that! I am the opposite - if I start a movie even 5 minutes into it, I refuse to watch it!

Question: I am not sure if you have ever touched on this before - I vaguely remember something about regrets. But I am going to ask: if you regret anything at all in your life, what is it?

Jen said...

Thanks for the comment today on my blog. Also, I didn't think that you were saying that my life sucks. I got what you were doing with that post. (I'm smart like that :) )

Now some questions for you...

1. If Karl would have been a girl what would the name have been?
2. I love all of your tatoos. Is there any meaning behind them? Do you have a favorite?
3. Since it is Christmas time,I was wondering what your favorite part of Christmas is or your favorite Christmas tradition you and your family have.

Merry Christmas and thank you so much for being such a great blogger friend.

To A T said...

I've got a question...

If you could meet anyone (alive/ dead/ fiction/ etc) who would it be and why?

Merry Christmas!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Okies Nancy... here I go.

1) How did you get into heroin? Subquestion: How did you get out?

2) Does the movie Trainspotting get into the depth of your soul? (Because that movie DESTROYS me, and sends me into a pretty heavy spiral of twitches)

3) What is your favorite dinner to eat? That includes appetizers and desserts.

4) How did you come up with all of your kids names?

5) Who is your favorite tattoo artist in Denver? Can they do free hand work?

6) What is your religious background, and where do you "reside" in your belief's now?

Ok.. I gave you six... Sara gave you one and Jen gave you three... Looks like you got 10!!!

Get answering :)

Hollie said...

LOL about watching a movie backwards. I just can't do that. I will start from the beginning and suffer through the whole thing.

Question: How much of a neat/clean freak are you? I'm just thinking about this because I'm a bit of a clean freak and it's very hard for me not to be able to clean the house. DH is doing great though.

Charlotte said...

OMG, I'm SO with you on the movie thing! All because of a damn movie called Message in a Bottle I caught on TV when I was prego with #2. I don't know when I've ever sobbed harder or felt more like shit after watching a movie. Ugh!
OK, so I'm gonna be totally obnoxious with my question and ask...favorite sexual position?

Charlotte said...

And may I just say...You ROCK! Lilith just told me about the tickets...that's the true spirit of this season! So wish I lived in Colorado right now!! (hmm, my Dad was born there, and somewhere there I actually have family...)

jenn said...

I can't imagine watching a movie backwards- but I will watch a movie I love a hundred times- even if I know all the lines to it...


questions... hmmm.

What is the one thing in your life you would change if you could- not talking about regret or changing the past- if you could change just one thing ~now~?

What scared you the most about becoming a parent before Ella? Was it worth the fear?

What scares you the most about becoming a parent again now with Karl?

What do you most look forward to about meeting your little boy? Is there a moment, or milestone that you dream about more than others?

If you had to be stranded with only one person for a month, who would it be? (Anyone- alive or dead)

Amanda said...

Question: Is there anything you've done with your kids so far that you regret (parenting wise)?

Question 2: What's your all-time favorite movie?

That's actually not a bad idea in watching a movie backwards. That not only saves you from watching a whole horrible movie, but you also can skip a really slow beginning!