Sunday, March 2, 2008

TTCers never stop fighting.

Pamela Jeanne at Coming2Terms has received her gift from me. She explains it here.

From my end, I just wanted to acknowledge a group of women who I don't think are thought of enough. Can you imagine how you would feel if after years of fighting infertility, you decided to hang up your gloves? And then they fall into this other category where it's so hard, at least for me, to even try to support them. I feel I'm unworthy to give them my words because I feel it's so unfair that I'm here and they are there. Even if I didn't conceive and I was still trying to conceive, I still had that chance of a different future.

Anywho - Here is my gift to PJ. And a gift I hope to keep giving to every women who finds herself "Living Child Free after Infertility". (and yes, the gloves are real boxing gloves and too huge to keep in this aspect. My friend Tammy found some miniature gloves for me to use in the future. Little 3" gloves would be a better idea).



The poem reads:

These gloves represent
you put up a fight.
You knew what you wanted,
you never lost sight.

But things didn't happen
exactly as you planned.
You had to hang up your gloves,
something you could barely understand.

Although you have put
your gloves up on a shelf,
It doesn't mean the battle is over,
you are still fighting yourself.

I'm sure it's a struggle
something you fight with every day.
You so wanted to win,
on your heart it must weigh.

But your war ended up not being about
what you had thought when it begun.
It ended up being a war of self truth.
It's a war you have already won.

These gloves represent
the fight you have fought.
In my eyes you are a hero
and it's admiration you've taught.

8 comments:

Pamela T. said...

Can we clone you? The world would be such a better place if people were more like you...

JW Moxie said...

Nancy, that is so sweet. That has brought tears to my eyes.

Denise said...

Hey, Nancy. What a thoughtful gift. Your compassion is refreshing.

I think we might proceed if the lining is 6 or better, but I'm not sure. I'll definitely let the doc make the call on this one. If we do decide to go forward with a less than optimal lining, it might change our plan as far as how many to thaw for this cycle. Uggg. Too many decisions.

Natalie said...

Wow, you are crazy thoughtful! That's the perfect gift, wow wow wow!

Jenera said...

You are too awesome for words Nancy, you have a huge heart.

Sarah said...

That is really cool. How thoughtful of you to take the time to put together the gift and send it. Not too many people would take time out of their busy lives to make someone else's day in the way you did!

Nadine said...

oh my god. This is an amazing thoughtful gift, which made me cry, of course.

luna said...

I love this idea, a beautiful sentiment and perfectly articulated. nicely done!

and of course best of luck this cycle!!

~luna