Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Mod Squad

In case any of you youngsters (~wink~) don't know who The Mod Squad are, I wanted to explain. It was an old tv show (1968-1973) and later, in 1999, redone as a movie starring Claire Danes, Omar Epps and Giovanni Ribisi. What's cool is they are all part of my very favorite actors.

The premise of the show: "Three minor delinquents fight crime as undercover agents for the police."

The tag line: "They did the crime, They paid the time, Now they're undercover"

Awesome, eh? Plus, I think pretty darned appropriate given who me and hubby are.

We will name the individual embryos (if we get any) once we get to transfer (again, if we get there). Since we are now leaning towards three embryos (if we get that many), we haven't decided on which set of names to use. The names of the actors from the movie: Claire, Omar and Giovanni? The names of the characters: Julie, Lincoln and Peter? The names of the actors from the tv show: Peggy, Clarence and Michael ? The names of the characters from the tv show: Julie, Linc and Pete? This is where you come in! Answer my poll on the right side and help us name out embryos!

I'm so nervous about the impending thaw and growth. At least most people who have frozen totsicles already know that they've grown well enough to make it to freeze. We don't. We're going to thaw them all, some probably won't even survive that and then we have to worry about the numbers game again. I know I'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there, but I can't help but think about it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Things have gone so well with the ER (except for the pain-- I'm so sorry!), that I can't help but think the thaw will go great for you. I'm pulling for you and the Mob Squad!

Anonymous said...

I think you should name them Eileithyia (goddess of childbirth), Tyche (God of Chance), and Hera (Goddess of Family).

Anonymous said...

Oh, and if you do have a fourth, Elpis, who is the personification of Hope.

Denise said...

I love the naming idea. My vote's in!

It is impossible not to worry about the thaw. Even after you've been through it once before. Thawing all of them is a little scary too because you feel like you're putting all your eggs in one basket (sorry for the pun). But it is supposed to give them the best chance at transferring the highest quality embryos.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I noticed my choice wasn't as popular.

I may now need to hit other computers and vote again :-)

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck! I'm terrible with names. I hope you get at least 3 GREAT Embryos!

Meg said...

Okay, I am going to go vote now....

I am so sorry you are still in pain. You lap pain sounded like the strangest thing I have ever heard of.

You are incredibly strong, both physically and emotionally. I am glad you share this journey with us.