Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm a big fat liar!

Righty is ~not~ an over achiever. Not at all.

cd11 follie check didn't show much in any kind of achievements. Righty still had 5 - all at 10mms (which I mentioned they didn't do anything and he said they all grew. Last time they were all under 10. My mistake.) and Lefty had 5 also, 2 around 10mm and 3 around 13mm. So we're growing, but slowly. Oh, and my lining SUCKS at a big 4.4 - I've never had good lining.

One thing that got me thinking ... RE mentioned that I was growing, just slowly. I responded with I've been known to be a slow grower before, but they always come through. Then he asked if my insurance pays for my IVF meds. Why would he ask me that? Since I'm a slow grower, does that mean I need a crapload ~more~ meds? So he was making a note about how much my meds will cost because I'm a slow grower?

Next follie check is on Saturday. Man, I'm going to get the award for most u/s in an IUI cycle at this rate. If I grow at a rate of 1-2mm/day, let's say 1.5/day, the leader should only be 16mm by Saturday and only 19mm by Monday. Hey, I'm happy as can be with more checks. I'd rather have more checks to be on the safe side, rather than miss a huge growth period. I'm just making my guesstimates on sizes. Hrm. Should I jinx it all and try to make an end call on what I'll have? I'm going to guess that I'll have 2 definitely mature and a third that'll be left as an "iffy". At trigger, I'll have 2 over 20mm and 1 around 16-18. Heh. Shit. Is that positive thinking? I should change that then, since I've been said to be a horrible negative nelly.

Back to ultrasounds. If I have one on Monday and trigger then or the next day, I'll have one more at IUI time, making the total u/s of this cycle six. That'll beat my all time record of 5. Ahhhh, my love affair with the wand monkey....

7 comments:

KatieM said...

Apparently slow growing is the theme for this month. That is interesting about that IVF meds question. Actually I was wondering if Dr.W will have me do more meds next time around because of my growth this time, so maybe that is the reason...maybe your RE is thinking injects if you need them.

Oh, and I am super happy to see your two prospects....perfect =)

Jen said...

6 u/s...wow! It's a good thing that your RE lumps it all into 1 IUI price rather than charging individually like mine does. I'm sending you lots of follie growth vibes since I apparently have them this cycle with my trigger on CD12.

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

Ooh. I'm a slowgrower, too! They always have to amp me up midway through.

Morgan Owens said...

Wow, it seems like just a few weeks ago I was reading your blog about your surgery, and now all of a sudden here you are back on the wagon again, WOW..im so happy for you!

Mandalynn25 said...

I always was a fan of the "love wand"...NOT! Hopefully your slow grow will mean GRADE A quality eggs~

Christina said...

I hope everything works out for you Nancy. I'm so glad that you're back on the TTC wagon with us. (I'm from webmd TTC:JSO by the way)

Anonymous said...

you know what they say, slow and steady wins the race (even though it's not a race but you get the point). keep up the good progress... ~luna