Friday, December 14, 2007

Well, at least there's a plan.

Went to RE's office today for followup appointment. We talked about what we could do and what we couldn't do.

Option 1 - Finish taking the 7 more days of estrogen and birth control pills, stop them, allow AF to come and get HSS the following week. BUT ... the office is closed during the entire week of christmas, so I couldn't get in for HSS until the following week. Which would be okay, but starting my period during Christmas week wouldn't allow for a treatment cycle, since I couldn't get in for cd3 baseline u/s or the drugs or the monitoring or anything.

Option 2 - Finish taking the 7 more days of estrogen. Continue taking birth control pills until the HSS scheduled for week when they return (January). Stop birth control pills at the same time as the HSS and start new IUI cycle, if given the okay.

Obviously option 2 is the option I am going for. I'm putting the cycle off for 12 days, but those 12 days will allow me to get a treatment cycle and not a plain ole natural cycle. Another good thing I see if because I did have a weird bonky AF in the middle of the birth control, my HSS on Janu 2nd would be on cd28 of my bcp cycle, so stopping the pill around that time would be more normal for my body.

Countdown to new cycle is about 20 days from now.



Love the tickers, so just had to get a new one!

5 comments:

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

I love it when a plan comes together.

Jen said...

Yay for option 2. Finally something good about BCPs.

Anonymous said...

Congrats - Hopefully it is the countdown to your last cycle :)

Natalie said...

Glad you had some options and it's working out. Enjoy your weekend.

KatieM said...

Woo-Hoo!! I like plans...gives us something to work towards huh? I really like option 2 too. Plus, it's only about a week or so behind my next one as well.