Monday, July 23, 2007

Saying goodbye to it all.

Up until yesterday, I never knew what I would find upon turning on my computer. Would I find someone giving me some words of encouragement? Would I find someone simply giving me a friendly hello? Would I find nothing at all? Or would I find pure hatred in the form of rude comments or even from straight out lies being told to other people? It's crazy - sometimes I thought I was in the clear from any immediate hate only to ~find~ it accidentally somewhere unexpected. Those were the worst.

So I deleted the blog I had been working on for an entire year. 200+ posts gone. I could have renamed it, but I didn't want anything left that could be searched upon. Even though little, if any, of the drama stemmed from the blog itself, it definitely was providing two things 1) feeding "them" information and 2) giving them a medium to be able to send me comments full of hate, lies and rudeness, all anonymously.

Right now, I need peace and quiet. I need to be somewhat private. I need to be freed from any juvenile drama. By removing myself from it all, I have hopes that it won't follow me. I'm sure that this will eventually be found by word of mouth, or should it be word of fingers. I don't plan on withdrawing from the world by any means. I just plan on withdrawing from the places where it all festered in the first place. I completely removed myself from those places and I have ~zero~ plans to ever talk about, stalk, lurk for or even mention any of those people ever again. It's ended. I've said my peace to the people who mattered to me and I've said goodbye to the rest. On my side, it's ended. If I am continued to be talked about and commented on, it's not on my shoulders. It will be on those who want to persist with the drama. Those who want to linger in their own spite. I can tell you right now it won't be from me. That part of my life is over and I will not be giving any of this a second thought beyond tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what the fracas was about but I hope you get the peace and quite your looking for :)

X

Natalie said...

Me too (what Artblog said).

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should stand up and clap or something. ;)

nancy said...

lol jamie!

hammygirl said...

I'm 99% sure I was never at your other blog, so I have no idea what you're talking about. But I wanted to say hi and thanks for commenting on my blog - would be interested to hear more about your uterine issues, if you've the time. My blog e-mail is in my profile. :)

Hope you've successfully eluded the nasty people!

Erin said...

I'm glad you found a new "home" without any stalkers. I would die without my blog lately, it is a nice free therapy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry darlin, but the stalkers can still find you... I'm proof!!! Hopefully tho, I'm on the "friendly stalker" list.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I applaud you for taking control of the nasties, and doing what you can to move away from them. I've had my fair share, and a little "house-cleaning" seems to be a necessity from time to time.

Cheers to drama free living (for both of us, I hope)!!!

Beth
WebMD & FF: BethH6703